06 augustus 2023

IMAX according to Hoyte

 

 

 I have to say I love big format. I always loved medium format photography for instance. It's exposing a bigger negative. It's not only that the definition and color rendering is beautiful but also, it creates this very beautiful short depth of field. So it's the most pristine format you can have but at the same time it's so textured because of the way the lens is rendered on a negative that big. The sharpness and the clarity and the depth of the image is unparalleled. The headline, for me, is by shooting on IMAX 70mm film, you’re really letting the screen disappear. You’re getting a feeling of 3D without the glasses. You’ve got a huge screen and you’re filling the peripheral vision of the audience. You’re immersing them in the world of the film. 

I have to say I love film above all. I have the most affinity with celluloid and I feel most comfortable shooting that. But the whole thing about film versus digital, I mean the biggest mistake with it is that it's always presented as film versus digital. I don't think that one thing rules out the other and I don't think that one thing is better than the other.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten